Custody – Get It Right: Just in Time for Your Annual Updating Amendment!
Broadcast Date: Wednesday, Feb 28 at 1pm ET
The SEC’s Custody Rule and its application to registered investment advisers is complicated and often misunderstood, and custody issues remain among the most common deficiencies cited during SEC exams.
Join this important ComplianceCast to understand the key elements of the Custody Rule; identify available exceptions to certain requirements of the Custody Rule based on industry and SEC guidance; and learn how to identify accounts over which your firm has custody for purposes of Form ADV.
Covering topics and questions regarding:
- SLOAs (must be included in response to Item 9 of Form ADV after 10/01/2017)
- Third Party wires
- Third Party checks
- First person transfers
- Client Custodian and IMA contracts
- and more
Insurance Considerations for Investment Advisers
Broadcast Date: Thursday, Mar 22 at 2pm ET
How much coverage is enough? What types of insurance policies do you need? Whether you are starting an investment advisory practice, launching a new line of business, or reevaluating your existing risks, there are critical questions to ask to make sure you understand the various ways to protect your firm. Join us for a practical discussion of:
- Types of Coverage (E&O, D&O, Cyber Policies) – What Do They Protect?
- ERISA 3(38) Bonding and Fiduciary Considerations
- Determining How Much Coverage You Need Based Upon Your Firm’s Size and Business Strategy
- Underwriting and Costs
- What Happens When You Need to Use Your Policy
- New Form ADV: What you need to know to file your Annual Updating Amendment
- Due Diligence of Sub-Advisers and Other Third-Parties
- Diminished Capacity and Senior Clients: What Steps Compliance Can Take to Protect its Firm and the Client
Recent ComplianceCast™ Minutes
- New SEC proposed rule: Business Continuity and Transition plans
- SEC Outreach Panel Recap
- How to Improve Your Forensic Testing
ComplianceCasts™ are the property of Ascendant Compliance Management, Inc. (“Ascendant”) and/or may not be reproduced or redistributed in any form without the express written consent of Ascendant. ComplianceCasts™ are provided for educational purposes only, and are not intended to be and cannot be construed to be financial or legal advice. Ascendant is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice. Adherence to any recommendation does not imply compliance with any applicable law, regulation, or guidance. All facts and matters stated herein should be independently verified.