Getting Smart about Cybersecurity
Broadcast Date: Tuesday, Apr 24 at 2pm ET
Most firms have addressed cybersecurity in one aspect or another, thinking a few access controls and anti-virus programs are the silver bullet. However very few firms have a holistic cyber program in place, often lacking in high-risk areas while having an excess of controls in others, wasting time and resources that should be spent elsewhere. By taking a step back and examining a cyber program, these risk areas can be properly mitigated, reducing data loss, reputation, downtime and monetary risks.
Topics covered in this CCAST include:
- Creating an effective cybersecurity program
- Methods of testing and improving controls
- Drafting policies and procedures
- Common areas of deficiency
- Answers to your cyber risk questions
- Insurance Considerations for Investment Advisers
- Custody – Get It Right: Just in Time for Your Annual Updating Amendment!
- SEC and FINRA 2018 Examination Priorities
Recent ComplianceCast™ Minutes
- New SEC proposed rule: Business Continuity and Transition plans
- SEC Outreach Panel Recap
- How to Improve Your Forensic Testing
ComplianceCasts™ are the property of Ascendant Compliance Management, Inc. (“Ascendant”) and/or may not be reproduced or redistributed in any form without the express written consent of Ascendant. ComplianceCasts™ are provided for educational purposes only, and are not intended to be and cannot be construed to be financial or legal advice. Ascendant is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice. Adherence to any recommendation does not imply compliance with any applicable law, regulation, or guidance. All facts and matters stated herein should be independently verified.